Jawaharlal Institute of Post-graduate Medical Education and Research or JIPMER UG entrance is an examination that is conducted on a yearly basis and offers 200 MBBS seats in its two campuses – Puducherry and Karaikal. More than 3 lakh candidates are expected to apply for JIPMER 2019.
The online registration process of Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) MD/ MS/ DM/ M Ch has commenced from September 24, 2018. All the candidates who wish to apply can do so through the official website — jipmer.edu.in on or before October 26, 2018. The entrance examination will be conducted on December 2, 2018. The admit card will be available to download from November 14, 2018 to December 2, 2018.
JIPMER (UG) 2019 – Important Dates
Online Application – March 6, 2019
Last Date of Online Application – April 12, 2019
Admit Cards/Hall Tickets – 3rd week of May
Exam Date – June 2, 2019
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The syllabus of JIPMER 2019 is in accordance with the syllabus prescribed for Class 11 and 12 higher secondary and CBSE standards. JIPMER Puducherry is unlikely to disclose the detailed syllabus of JIPMER 2019 but will release mock tests for the candidates prior to the commencement of the exam. The mock tests will provide the candidates with an idea of the structure and pattern of JIPMER syllabus 2019.
JIPMER 2019 will be held in the online mode as a computer-based test. JIPMER 2019 is one of the prominent medical undergraduate entrance examinations of the country along with AIIMS and NEET. JIPMER 2019 will consist of questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language & Comprehension, and Quants & Reasoning. Negative marking was introduced in JIPMER exam pattern since the previous year, and JIPMER 2019 is, therefore, likely to follow the same.
Important Topics – Physics
- Introduction and measurement
- Description of motion in one dimension
- Description of motion in two and three dimensions
- Laws of motion
- Rotational Motion
- Magnetic effects of current
- Basic concepts in Chemistry
- Atomic structure
- States of matter
- Chemical Kinetics
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Hydrogen and the s block elements
- General organic chemistry
- Organic Chemistry – Hydrocarbons
- Chemical Bonding
- Purification and characterization of carbon compounds
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements
- Diversity in living organisms
- Structural organizations in animals and plants
- Cell structure and function
- Plant physiology
- Human Physiology
- Heredity and evolution
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Ecology and environment
English and Comprehension
- Comprehensive Passage reading
- Literature and long texts
Logic and Quantitative Reasoning
- Questions from Analogy test
- Logical Deduction
- Figure formation & analysis
- Figure matrix based questions
JIPMER 2019 Preparation Tips
- Know your syllabus – Candidates can primarily refer to NCERT books in order to prepare for JIPMER 2019. Careers360 also provides other reference books, previous year JIPMER MBBS questions papers, sample papers and mock tests on its website. Candidates can clear their basics from the NCERT books while solving mock tests will help them get acquainted with the pattern of questions asked in the exam.
- Plan a study schedule – A proper study schedule for preparation of JIPMER 2019 is utmost necessary. Candidates should prepare a time-table accommodating study as well as rest hours and also carve out time for revision and practice.
- Take up Mock Tests – Practising sample papers or previous year papers or mock tests of JIPMER MBBS will also help candidates in tracking their progress. JIPMER Puducherry will release mock tests for JIPMER 2019 in order for the candidates to refine their preparation.
- Prepare for JIPMER 2019 exam day – JIPMER 2019 exam duration will be 2.5 hours, thus, given the time constraint, candidates should devise a conducive exam day strategy, such as attempting those sections first in which the candidate is well versed comparatively to weaker sections, or attempting theoretical or less time-consuming sections first, etc.
(Edvantage Point is India’s go-to platform for education-related products and services. We are into admissions management for schools, career advice and counselling services for students as well as recruitment services).