The All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) has declared the results of MBBS Entrance Exam (2018). Around 15 lakh MBBS aspirants had appeared for the exam. The Institute has declared the merit list displaying the name of the candidates, all-Indian ranks and percentile. Those who had appeared for the exam can download their results on the institute’s official website. Following the announcement of the results, the Institute will now begin counselling for 100 MBBS seats which include 7 for foreigners and the rest for Indian students.
How to check your MBBS Exam Results:
1. Go to the official website, aiimsexams.org
2. On the homepage, click on the result link
3. Enter your roll number and other details
4. Click to submit
5. Results will be displayed on the screen
6. Download or take a print out of your sheet
1st Counselling – 3rd July, 4th July, 5th July, 6th July, 2018
2nd Counselling – 3rd August, 2018
3rd Counselling – 5th September, 2018
Open Counselling – 27th September, 2018
STEPS FOR COUNSELLING
Step 1 – How to register for online counselling
Candidates eligible for the 1st round of AIIMS MBBS counselling 2018 will be required to register for participating in the counselling process. Candidates should register for the counselling process by clicking on the online counselling link which will be made available in the ‘MyPage’ account of eligible candidates. MyPage Account is the same account candidates registered for which at the time of filling their AIIMS MBBS 2018 application form.
Step 2 – How to choose your preference (the choice of AIIMS institutions)
After registration, login to the counselling module. Eligible candidates will now be able to indicate their preferences of AIIMS institutions. At this point, they can add/delete/order/reorder their choice preferences. After making the choices, candidates can save their choices, lock-in and submit the choices. After submission, candidates will not be able to make changes (new addition, reordering, deleting, etc.) until the ongoing AIIMS MBBS 2018 counselling round ends. Therefore, make your selection carefully. (Do not rush)!
Step 3 – How to check mock allotment results
Online mock allotment results will be released in the first round of counselling only. Mock allotment is done to give an idea to the candidates about the counselling procedure and a rough idea as to the AIIMS college they are likely to be allotted as per their present preferences.
Step 4 – How to edit & make final submission of your preferences
After mock allotments, candidates can edit their earlier choice preferences (reshuffle the order of AIIMS selected, add new ones, etc.) if desired. This window will remain open for a few days only.
Step 5 – How to check your seat allotment
Seats will be allotted as per candidates’ preferences and their RANK (merit-based) in AIIMS MBBS 2018.
Step 6 – Show your acceptance or rejection of allotted seat
After candidates are allotted a seat in available AIIMS institutions, they will need to express whether they are willing to take admission on the allotted seat or not. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, he/she can take the following actions:
- Refuse the seat- As per the rules of AIIMS MBBS 2018 counselling, unless a candidate explicitly refuses the seat allotted to him/her, it will be presumed that one has accepted the seat. So, in case one doesn’t wish to take admission on the allotted seat, they will have to actively refuse the seat by logging into their portal and refuse the seat within stipulated date and time.
- Accept the seat & take admission- In case one wishes to accept the seat allotted to him/her, they can do so by ‘reporting at the allotted college’ and submit the documents and fee as will be stated in the schedule of AIIMS MBBS counselling 2018.
- Hold the allotted seat, and also participate in subsequent counselling rounds- In case one who has been allotted a seat wishes to hold the allotted seat and at the same time participate in further counselling rounds, such a candidate will need to deposit the fee and documents at allotted AIIMS, and also express his/her desire to participate in other counselling rounds by selecting appropriate option in the portal.
- Failure to take any action – In case one who has been allotted a seat fails to take any action, i.e. neither reports to college, refuse/accept the seat, etc. such a candidate will be rendered ineligible for further rounds of counselling, including open round (to be confirmed after the release of the notification of counselling of AIIMS MBBS 2018).
For queries, Call Edvantage Point Career Guidance team on 080-88468846 or write to
(Edvantage Point is India’s go-to platform for related products and services. We are into admissions management for schools, career advice and counselling services for students as well as recruitment services).