If you have been waiting for the most sought after entrance exam in India for your entry into the prestigious IIM institutions, here’s good news for you. The Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 notification has been released by the the IIMs.
Here are features of CAT 2018:
- CAT 2018 will be conducted on 25th November 2018 (Sunday) in two sessions.
- Registration for CAT 2018 will open on 8th August, 2018 and will close on 19th September, 2018.
- CAT 2018 will be conducted in test centres spread across approximately 147 cities.
- Candidates will be given the option to select 4 test cities in order of preference. Cities and centres will be assigned to the candidates only after the last date for CAT 2018 registration and hence candidates need not rush to block slots and cities in the initial days of registration.
- Concerned authority will try their best to assign candidates to their first preferred city. In case it is not possible, they will be assigned a city following their given order of preference. In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted an alternate city. However, candidates will not be able to select the session because it will be assigned randomly.
- Candidates must pay the registration fee through online payment modes only, which will include credit cards, debit cards and net banking.
- After submission of the application, candidates will be permitted to download their examination admit card from 24th October, 2018 onwards, till the date of test.
Model of Test and Duration:
The duration of the test will be 180 minutes. There will be three sections:
- Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoningo SectionIII:QuantitativeAbility
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they will not be allowed to switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple-choice type. Instead, direct answers will have to be typed on the screen. The tutorials will clearly explain this. Also, we will allow use of basic on- screen calculator for computation.
- Tutorial to understand the format of the test will be available on the CAT website from 17th October 2018. Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials available on the CAT website well in advance.
- The CAT website contains a section on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that addresses some of the commonly asked queries regarding CAT 2018. Candidates may also contact the CAT helpdesk over email or phone.
AUG 8, 2018, Wednesday – CAT 2018 Registration Starts
SEPT 19, 2018 Wednesday – CAT 2018 Registration ends at 5PM
OCT 24, 2018, Wednesday – CAT 2018 Admit Card Download begins at 1 PM
NOV 25, 2018, Sunday – CAT 2018 Test Day
Here’s the notification of CAT 2018: (Visit IIM website for more details: https://bit.ly/1Phq8B4)
(Edvantage Point is India’s go-to platform for education-related products and services. We are into admissions management for schools, career advice and counselling services for students as well as recruitment services).